Audits/Surveys and Studies
|YEAR||PROJECT NAME||PROJECT DESCRIPTION|
|2014||Doing traffic census for all motorized transport on the entire road network, collecting the traffic data, planning and designing a national traffic database for the same.|
|2011-2012||Collection, Analysis and Development of Highway Traffic Information Database for the Kenya National Highways Authority;||
This involves collecting and analyzing Traffic Data for the entire Kenya’s road network (national trunk, rural and urban roads) to help in infrastructure development in the country.
|2014||Consultancy Services for Establishing and Development of a Technical Audit Unit in the Directorate of Internal Audit, UNRA;||
Main objective of this technical assistance is to support Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) institutional capacity to effectively and sustainably ensure that there is adequate ability to carry out technical reviews of its business.
|2013-Date||Consultancy Services for Provision of Technical, Financial and Performance Audits for North Rift Region;||
This assignment aims to ensure that proceeds from the Kenya Roads Fund and/or development partners have been applied to the purpose to which they were intended and that the use of such resources is efficient and transparent and in accordance with principles, procedures and requirements of the Kenya Roads Board and sound professional practice.
|2012-2013||Consultancy Services for Economic Analysis, Traffic Modelling, Road Safety Audit and Gender Analysis for Outering Road in Nairobi County;||
|2012||Consulting Services for Technical Audit of Road Development Projects; Lot-1: Kabale-Kisoro-Bunagana Road Project (100.26 kms);|| This assignment was to assist Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) to verify that the funds allocated to the road project had been used for purposes initially intended for, resources were efficient, transparent and accordance to the principles, procedures and requirements of the authority and Government of Uganda.
|2009-2011||Feasibility Study and Technical assistance for Mass Rapid Transit System for the Nairobi Metropolitan Region;|| Population of Nairobi Metropolitan Region (NMR) is approximately 6.3 million projected to grow to staggering figure of 15 million by 2030. This will lead to congestion on the major road corridors and inefficiency in public transport system hence the need to introduce efficient, economical, equitable and environmental friendly Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS).
Key deliverables/output included:
- Review and assess the level of compliance of road works programmes and work plans with the prioritisation agreed with the board each financial year and the selection criteria set out by the Board.
- Examine and assess the fairness of the procurement process and tender documentation for road contractors, consultants, suppliers and the conformity of this process with the relevant standards and documents.
- Evaluate the adequacy if the technical design work and documentation by road agencies by their consultants.
- Verify the quality of supplies, materials, road-works, Construction methods and overall project management. Inspect contractors equipment, plant, personnel and supervision staff on site.
- Asses the performance of already completed works.
- Review the unit costs for reasonableness
- Value for money assessment
- Carry out complete financial audits for all the funds.
- Review the technical bidding documents to ensure their conformity with standards in use, technical documents and good practice, noting and reporting on exceptions noted.
- Review of the design reports and project completion reports to confirm the consistency of the completed works. Cases of inadequate designs to be highlighted.
- Evaluate the performance of the pavements and recommend necessary changes/maintenance interventions; and
- Review as built records and compare these with the designed works.
- Review measurement records, payment certificates along with visits to the sites to verify that the works are being executed in accordance to the contract and that they offer value for money.
- Verify pending bills